April 1, 2011. I wish today was a joke...but it is not.
I will be joining my parents at my mom's first visit with the oncologist. This is the day we have been waiting for to get some answers to our question, "What's next?"
Mom and dad want one of us kids there with them and it's been agreed that I'm probably the best one to go. Not because my brother's don't want to go or that they would not be supportive or encouraging. They would be. No...it's rather the fact that I've done this before. I've sat in the chair next to the person who has cancer and listened to the treatment plans, asked the questions, and then witnessed the treatments. Five times I've sat in that chair.
Even though I would prefer that this was not part of my day today, it is. Our associate pastor told me the other night, "Jeanine...you need to go. You've been prepared for this."
Always words of wisdom from this man.
So...this will be my day. Please pray for my mom as she listens to the doctor answer, "What's next?" Pray for my dad that he will be prepared for, "What's next?" Pray for me so I understand what is said and can asked the questions that I have learned to ask.
Thanks. I know you've all got my back.
But for right now...I gotta go. Faith is waiting for me to come up with a "fool" on this first day of April for her to play on her daddy.
Peace and blessings.
Jeanine
2 comments:
Keeping you, your mom, and the rest your family in prayers as you prepare for "what's next?".
Keeping your mom and family in my prayers and trusting God for wisdom in the next part of this journey.
Post a Comment