Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Friday, April 8, 2011

OUCH!

Life is funny.

Earlier this week I did something...nothing serious or life altering...that had God asking me, "Are you SURE you want to do this?"

I thought about it and said, "Yep...I do. I don't see anything harmful in it."

God said again, "Are you absolutely SURE?"

Yes...I was absolutely sure.

So I did it.

And yesterday it came back and bit me right square in the behind!

OUCH!!!!!

It was a lesson in humility.

The EXACT reason God was asking me if I was "sure" was the EXACT thing that bit me in the behind. And boy.did.it.hurt!

Remember...I said it wasn't anything serious or life altering...so it has actually made me giggle a little in my silliness and lack of listening skills.

Today God's voice is saying, (as he slowly shakes his head), "Jeanine, Jeanine, Jeanine...you are a silly, silly girl...but I love you anyway!"

Peace and blessings.
Jeanine

3 comments:

Loren said...

Oh gosh! I hate it when something like this happens!! But sooo thankful for the Lords Grace and Mercy when it does :)

I am still learning too :) I kinda think we always will don't you ;)

Happy Friday! Love ya

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh my friend, I have those moments too. I'm always glad that they aren't life altering. LOL!

I tell God to talk to my husband. He hears better I think. LOL!
Have a great weekend.
Kim

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Jeanine I wanted to answer your question about the 31 Day Cleaning challenge. You actually have to buy the ebook and there is a task each day but it isn't overwhelming. She brings the Martha and Mary aspects into it and it seems really neat. I'm going to give it a shot. LOL! We'll see. If you liked her fb page you will probably see people having giveaways for the book. That's how I won my copy.
Talk to you soon.
Kim