Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Monday, November 17, 2008

AM I ALONE?

Ladies, am I alone in this?

Photo 1: Extra roll of toilet paper on back of toilet...


Photo 2: No words needed...


Do others in your house do this to you, too? Are YOU the only one who knows how to work this extremely difficult contraption called a "toilet paper holder?" Fortunately, this time there was an extra roll on the back of the toilet. Many times I'm doing the "gotta go" dance only to arrive in the bathroom to find an empty holder with no spare nearby. Scott grew up in a house that does not change the toilet paper roll...just props it up on the empty roll left on the holder. I grew up not only changing the roll, but making sure the toilet paper unrolls from the top...never the bottom. My almost ten year old boy has a difficult time even remembering where the spare toilet paper is kept...even though it's always in the same place...much less taking the time to change the roll. My five year old little girl has been sent many a time to "quick like a bunny...get mommy a new roll of toilet paper!" It might be a little difficult for her to change it by herself, but at least she knows where the spare rolls are kept and lets me know when a new roll is necessary.

Help! I'm at the end of my roll!

Peace.
Jeanine

4 comments:

Joy said...

You are HILARIOUS! You are NOT alone! Our little girl is the designated roll fetcher in our house as well!

Jill said...

We installed new holders that are just a bar...no spring to deal with and they still don't do it?

I got nothin for you.

Bekks said...

this sometimes happens at my house as well. Although I must admit, I do not go into my boys' bathroom in our house often, I do hear yells of "mom, can you get some toilet paper" from time to time from them. And Kalie, bless that child's heart...she knows how to put a replacement roll back on the springy thing AND put it the right way...

Grace said...

Oh Jeanine, you are not alone. Men just don't care (opps, i'm sorry, i mean, most men) But I believe, your daughter will be like you when she grow up.
You are a good mommy.