In my last post I shared that I like "my" shows. There are four...Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters and Grey's Anatomy. There you have it. My dirty little secret is out. I like...no...LOVE...these shows. Unfortunately, sometimes they can be a little "naughty."
Yesterday afternoon Parker saw that Batman and Robin was going to be on Cartoon Network starting at 6 PM to which he said, "Hey, dad...can we watch that?" You have to know my husband to understand that anything "Super Hero" related is awesome! Scott's response was an excited, "Sure...we can watch it!" To which I then asked, "I don't remember much of that movie...is it an okay one for Parker to watch?" Scott assured me it would be fine for Parker...even Faith...to watch.
Since their movie was on until 8:30 and my shows started at 8:00, they watched in the living room and I watched in our bedroom while rocking Faith to sleep. Scott came in and picked up Faith to carry her to her bedroom and I went into the living room to see if Scott had turned the living room TV to Desperate Housewives. Instead, Parker was watching a cartoon. I said in a joking manner, "WHAT? You mean your not watching Desperate Housewives?" To which Parker responded, "No mom, we're not. I'm watching this instead. This is WAAAAYYYYY better than the show you watch with the bad words in it."
Ouch.
Thanks for a good lesson, Parker....
...but I'm still watching my shows!
Peace.
Jeanine
3 comments:
I'm sure my kids have taught me many more lessons than I have ever taught them! There will probably be more to come! :)
Ouch! ;) I am sure Grace will have lots of things to point out to me as she gets older...
I have friends that told their 6 year old daughter that she was in charge of TV choices. If she could think of a valid Biblical reason why they should not watch something, then they wouldn't. Her Dad told her that if it was not appropriate for his 6 year old then it was not appropriate for Mommy or Daddy. She outlawed many shows in their house! That was almost 20 years ago, so I am sure that today her family would not even be allowed to turn the TV on!
You have a wonderful family, Jeanine. And you teach your children very well. :)
I agree with Joy and we really should learn more from our kids for their pure and clean heart.
Post a Comment