Today is a BEAUTIFUL day! The sun is shining, the temps are fairly warm and even though it's windy, the wind has died down quite a bit. It's one of those days that's made for playing outside. Unfortunately, I have stuff to do INSIDE! Wouldn't it be nice if the inside stuff only had to be done during the winter and it would just sort of go away during the summer? But, laundry won't jump into the washing machine and dryer all by itself. The dust cloth doesn't spray itself down with Pledge and go dusting off all the furniture in the house. The toilets don't scrub themselves. The vacuum doesn't drive itself around the house (unless you have a Roomba) and the dogs can't stop themselves from shedding. So...here I am, at my blog, and quite honestly...I'm stalling. Yep...that's what I do sometimes. But, I need to get my behind in gear and get to work. Faith is playing with her friend downstairs so this is my time to get some serious work done! Today's tasks...dusting and cleaning bathrooms. I'll do my best to make these tasks beneficial...not just to the house...but to my mind and soul, too. I'll take this opportunity to think, to pray, to reflect. Yep...I'll be scrubbing those toilets and talking to God...making Him part of even that part of my day. I've had only short visits with Him lately, so today I will talk to Him longer, as I go about my tasks.
Then we will go outside to play...and enjoy the beautiful day He has given us today!
No comments:
Post a Comment