Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

HAND-CUFFED TO THE CALENDAR

Ever find yourself hand-cuffed to your calendar? Not literally...just so dependent on it that it FEELS like it's hand-cuffed to you? Most of you who know me well know that I do not...DO NOT...like to over-schedule...my kids, our family, me. It's just something that Scott and I make a very serious effort not to do. No one in our family likes it. It makes us all miserable. So, we try very hard not to do it.

Except...

for every once in a while when the calendar gets completely out of hand. Like now. The month of May. This month is scheduled beyond the "norm."

Friday's little box on the calendar is so full that I can't write in one more thing...and I actually have ONE MORE THING to write in! I have no room...so I need to go on memory (we'll see how THAT works out)!

The last week of May is off the charts for this household. I have been invited to attend the United Methodist Annual Conference in St. Cloud, Minnesota. I'm excited to be going and honored that I was invited to participated. I'll be driving back and forth to St. Cloud (one hour each way) on Tuesday night, all day Wednesday and all day Thursday. We'll end the week with my niece's wedding on May 30 so that means rehearsal on Thursday evening and Groom's Dinner on Friday evening with the wedding on Saturday.

I keep reminding myself of my favorite verse from Psalms 46:10 - "Be still and know that I am God."

Be still. Be still, Jeanine. Find the keys to the cuffs and release the calendar...go ahead...do it...DO IT...in June! :)

No comments: