Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Monday, June 22, 2009

ADVENTURE DAY #2

Mondays this summer are Adventure Days at our house. It's a day that FOR SURE holds something fun for us to do. I will not schedule anything else on Adventure Day (unless absolutely, positively necessary). Last week the kids chose bowling. It was fun...three games each, lunch at Jimmy's pizza (dessert pizza, too) and then home.

Today we are going to Lake Minnetonka Regional Park to swim. We went yesterday, too, because Scott has never been and the kids really, really, REALLY wanted to go. So even though the temperatures were a little on the cooler side and the skies threatened rain, we went. We got rained on...but when you're wet anyway it's really no big deal! It's $20 for a family season pass...that's it. We could go every day if we wanted! Today is going to be hot...89 degrees and mostly sunny. That's a lake day if you ask me...not that you did, but I'm tellin' ya'...it's a lake day!

Hope your week is off to a great start.
Find a fun adventure and enjoy!

Peace.

4 comments:

kim said...

love the new sumer look! fun day - i love adventure day, although i think perhaps a bit to much since my life is now adventure life :) hee hee.
Pictures?

Jeanine said...

Nope...no pictures today. Just wanted to enjoy without having to worry about the camera bag laying on the beach. However, pictures would be funny since I got especially "crispy" on this adventure. Even using sunscreen my legs (which are not exposed to the outside world all that much) got extremely sunburned. So much so that I'm not feeling well tonight.

Jill said...

What a great idea! It would really help me make sure I fit in some on purpose fun this summer.

Jeanine said...

We have been doing Adventure Days for the past four summers. The kids love it...they even ask for it at the start of the summer and look forward to the designated day each week.