There are seven children in my house this afternoon! I LOVE IT! There's Parker, Faith (mine), and five neighbor kids...three are Parker's age and two are Faith's age. All boys...except my little Faithy...who is learning to hold her own with all the boys!
I told them I would make home-made chocolate chip cookies and gave them all a spoon when the batter was done. One spoon each...that's it. Don't want to send anyone home with a tummy ache. When the first couple pans of cookies were done and fairly cooled off, I said, "Anyone want a cookie?" They swarmed the kitchen counter like a bunch of hungry monsters! Good thing I made a double batch!
The little ones wanted to watch a movie so I put in "Open Season 2." Soon, the big boys (who were going downstairs to play in Parker's room) joined in the movie-watching. A few minutes ago it was extremely quiet. You mom's know what I'm talking about. It's a quiet that makes you go, "Hmmmmm...better go check." I sneaked down the stairs and there sitting in the family room were three little ones lined up on the floor in front of the TV and the four big boys lined up on the couch all watching the movie. Wish I would have had my camera.
Our neighbor kids are all super kids. I hope they all like coming over here as much as we enjoy having them. Thanks neighbor moms and dads for sharing your kids with us!
Peace.
2 comments:
Summer at our house means lots of neighborhood kids too. Our neighbor has 11 kids at home and 6 of them are at our house a lot of the time...even when we are not at home ;o)
WHOA! Eleven kids? Sounds like a fun neighborhood...just like ours!
Post a Comment