Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Sunday, June 28, 2009

ANOTHER "FAITH FUNNY"

So yesterday I came home from running a few errands. As I brought everything inside and put it on the kitchen counter, Faith was right there, ready to inspect what I brought home. As I took a bottle of wine out of the bag she said, "Mommy...what's that?"

Me: "It's a bottle of wine, honey."
Faith: "Is there anything for me?"
Me: "No. I'm sorry, but there isn't."
Faith: "But mommy, where's the licorice?"
Me: "Huh?"
Faith: "The licorice. Where is it?"
Me: "What? Licorice? Honey, what are you talking about?"
Faith: "Mommy, you said you were getting licorice."

I had to just stand there for a few seconds to think. What in the world was she talking about? Then it hit me...

Me: "Oooooohhhhhh...no, no, no...sweetie, I said I was going to the liquor store...not the licorice store!"

No comments: