Summer = Adventure Days at the Johnson house.
What is Adventure Day, you ask? Well...I'll tell you.
Adventure Day is one day a week during the summer that I DO NOT schedule anything on the calendar and it is a FOR SURE day of doing something...whether simple or grand (usually it depends on the budget). On Adventure Days, the kids and I are guaranteed to head out the door for some fun.
Wednesday's this summer are the designated day. Today is already Adventure Day #3 and here's what we've done so far:
* Adventure Day #1: Bowling and Mini-Golf
* Adventure Day #2: Outdoor Waterpark
* Adventure Day #3 (today): Toy Story 3
The kids and I have come to love Adventure Days. We usually don't bring along friends, unless the parents are willing to go, too, because it's a day as much for me as it is for the kids. I want to be out-and-about and just enjoy hanging with my children. Grandparents, however, are always welcome and today Scott's mom will be joining us.
I can tell that today will be a good day to get out...and the sooner the better. The kids are arguing about whether-or-not you can give someone a Volkswagon punch when you see a Volkswagon commercial on TV. Faith says you can. Parker says you can't. I'm playing it neutral. They can figure this one out on their own.
Hope you have an adventurous day ahead of you, too!
Peace and blessings to your day.
Jeanine
3 comments:
We're headed to Toy Story 3 today too. I guess great minds think alike. :) Have a fun adventure!!
Nicole
sounds like you are having a great summer!!
third adventure day of summer already? and we're still in school! and have another Wednesday to go! yikes!
Have a great adventure day to Toy Story 3. Can't wait to see it! I don't think it's been released in Europe yet...we're always a bit behind. Speaking of Europe, way to play Switzerland in the VW debate. I like it.
Post a Comment