Okay...so we're having a garage sale next week. Simple enough. Get your stuff together, put it in the garage, price it, sell it. Yeah...simple enough to "type." It's the getting stuff together, putting it in the garage and pricing it that's a pain in the patooti. I wish garage sales could be held in the winter! But we live in Minnesota and unless I want to bundle myself up in layers of clothing and a snowsuit, we Minnesotans have our garage sales in the summer months. The hardest part for me is the sorting. There's a couple of reasons for that. One...I'm sentimental. I have a difficult time parting with things that people have given to me (even if I don't use it) or that the kids have played with and loved...even though it might be a toy from infant days or something that they have both used...such as the crib, which is NOT going on the sale. I'm saving that for my grandchildren! Two...Faith likes to "help." Her intentions are great...she wants to assist mommy in getting things done. Sweet. Not so helpful, though. I put something in the "sale pile" and she insists on keeping it. We are going to have a HUGE battle over her princess bed that she no longer uses due to the fact that she now has a dollhouse bed. I'll let you know who wins that argument. Parker does a fairly good job of letting some stuff go. Note I say "some" stuff. There was a bag of Ninja Turtles that I thought for sure would be able to go. He said, "Mom, I need to think about that one for a while." A couple of hours later he passed the bag sitting on the floor, pointed to it and said, "Oh...Mom...by the way...KEEP!" Great! Three...the weather outside is absolutely gorgeous! The windows are open, the air smells fresh...awesome summer day. Exactly...awesome summer day! Faith wants to play outside. Which will lead to friends playing outside. Which will lead to mommy needing to be outside to oversee. Which will lead to me being up late tonight sorting instead of doing it during the day. Parker can keep himself occupied. If I allowed him to do so he would stay on the computer playing games all day. That's tempting for me to do, but it's not going to happen.
So, if garage sales could be done in the winter I could sort while the kids are in school, even though Faith will be in school three mornings per week. I could get a lot done in a short time three days during the week. But, garage sales are in the summer in Minnesota. So that means I need to just suck it up and get it done. Quit my complaining (although it feels good to get it off my chest), cut the sentimental cord that attaches me to so many things, and just, as the saying goes, "Git er done!" Wish me luck!
Peace.
J
2 comments:
Oh I wish I could be there, I LOVE garage sales and i could offer Faith a fair price for her princess so she could buy new toys bed and Grace would love it! ;)
OK so I just re read that comment and realized my dyslexia was in high gear! I meant to say Oh I wish I could be there, I LOVE garage sales and I could offer Faith a fair price for her princess bed so she could buy new toys and Grace would love a new bed! ;)
There, that sounds so much more edamacated!
Post a Comment