Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Friday, December 12, 2008

OUCH!!!!!

Yesterday Scott, Faith and I spent the entire day at my mom and dad's. Then Scott went home to pick up Parker when he came home from school and they came back to my parent's. Mom and Dad recently moved into a new townhome and they were getting furniture delivered yesterday afternoon. So Scott and I moved their old furniture into their second bedroom...which is now a lovely sitting room...and helped with other things that they were wanting done. Sounds simple enough...YEAH...for someone who isn't quite as clumsy as ME!

While arranging the sitting room, I picked up a medium-sized lamp to put it on the end table. I didn't realize the lamp was not all ONE piece and within seconds the globe and hurricane on top of the lamp started to fall. AHHHHHHH!!!!!! I'm not sure how I did it, but I managed to hang onto the base of the lamp with my left hand, somehow catch the globe of the lamp with the right hand and hurricane with both the left and the right. Oh...my...gosh! Apparenlty my "moves" were quite humerous because my mom sat and laughed histerically at me and complimented me on my awkward, but successful moves to catch everything! Once the lamp was put back together and sitting safely on the end table, I literally had to sit down my heart was beating so fast!

Once the furniture arrived and everything was in place, next on the list was to hang a lamp in the sun room over the end table between two chairs. Again...sounds simple enough. HA! Scott was standing on the end table drilling holes in the ceiling to install the toggle bolts for the hooks that would hold the chains for the swagging lamp. My job was to use a pencil to mark the spot where Scott would drill the hole. So, I got up on the ladder to complete my part of the project. Keep in mind there were FOUR ADULTS there working on this. We're not stupid people. However, we were all so preoccupied with the task at hand that we neglected one thing...turning off the ceiling fan. Next thing you know, I'm up on the ladder and leaned back ever so slightly to get out of Scott's light and WHACK! I'm smacked along side the head...well, actually the right side of the neck and my right ear...with a quickly spinning ceiling fan! OWWWWWWWWCH!!!!!! Wow, that hurt! Really hurt! It even left a mark for a while with only a little scratch remaining today.

You'd think I'd be done after that, but NOOOOOOOO! Last on the list was to swag the dining room light. It was way over to one side of the dining room, hanging to the right of the dining room table, not over the center. So, we needed to swag it about two feet to get it lined up properly over the table. This was quite a project for Scott since the links in the chains do not open up easily...and my Scott is not a weak man. Many of my female friends have commented to me on the size of my husbands upper arms! And I have to smile because those buff upper arms are "mine." Sorry...I've digressed. Anyway, I was standing on a chair holding the light fixture when I needed to get off the chair to get something. Again...so engrossed in the project, I neglected to pay attention and banged my bum...not lightly, but really hard...on the china hutch behind me. Right on the tail-bone area of my bum. OWWWWWWWW!!!!!

I was a "Funniest Home Video" in the making yesterday. I'm almost afraid to touch anything today...and I'm really afraid of light fixtures...both the table kind and the hanging kind. Today I'm preparing for a Christmas party that we are hosting tomorrow for my mom's side of the family. We've got about 40 people coming. Thankfully my mom is coming over this afternoon to help me. I think I'll leave any dusting of lamps or light fixtures to her...for my safety!

Peace.
Jeanine

No comments: