Friday was Parker's birthday. He turned ten. Ten. Double digits. Seems like just yesterday I was loving the experience of being pregnant and awaiting his arrival. What a joy God has given me in my son. Parker is sensitive, funny, happy-go-lucky (most of the time), creative, smart...just an all-around fun kid to be with. I so love being his mom. Because of God's love and Parker's birth, I became a mom. The dream I had since I was a little girl. I wanted to be a wife and mom. I remember holding Parker for the first time and thinking to myself, "Oh my gosh...NOW what?" When we were packing up to leave the hospital, I remember saying to Scott, "They're just going to let us take him home? Don't they know we have no idea what we're doing?" When we brought him home, I kept thinking someone was going to come pick him up. I just couldn't believe he was really here...really ours...really real! But he is and I'm so grateful to God for allowing me to be his mom. Parker and Faith make me feel complete.
Parker celebrates another special day tomorrow, December 9. I have tears in my eyes just typing this. This day will celebrate Parker being nine-years cancer-free. He is now the longest cancer-survivor in our family. Every time I think we have a cancer-free date for Faith, she has something else come up that needs to be treated with laser or cryo (freezing). Scott would be a little over 15 years but his recent diagnosis of cancer (his fourth) in June of this year has him back to starting a new cancer-free calendar. But Parker will celebrate tomorrow. Not with grand celebration. Not with fan-fare. He really doesn't even remember it all for himself. But we will celebrate with thanksgiving. We will thank God for his unending love and his hand over Parker for the last ten years.
So Happy 10th Birthday, my sweet boy! And happy nine-years cancer-free! I love you so very, very much!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday to Parker. 10...10! The last year he can use his fingers to show the world his age. :)
And cancer free! What a great celebration!!!!
If i were closer, I'd bake a cake!
We'll pretend we're eating cake from you. The pretty, fancy-decorated kind that you're so good at making!
Wish Alex could have been at Parker's party on Friday night. Maybe not next year, but let's certainly hope he'll be here for Parker's 12th!
Happy 10th year to Parker's Mom and Happy Birthday Parker! I was smiling while I read your post. It warmed my heart to read about Parker and that you love being Parker's Mom. I got a good laugh when I read what you said to your husband at the hospital, "They're just going to let us take him home? Don't they know we have no idea what we're doing?" Then, I was overwhelmed with a mixture of joy, for 9 yrs of Parker being cancer free, and pain to think of his mommy going through that with him. And then to read on and find out about your daughter and your husband intensified the feeling. If I lived close I would give you a hug. I love John 9:1-3. Thank you for sharing your heart.
Post a Comment