We moved earlier than our designated date. We had originally planned to be officially "in" by this coming Sunday, May 16. However, for fun, we decided to stay at the house this past Friday night. We had moved quite a bit over by then but the bedrooms were still at the "old" house. We slept on air mattresses. Saturday morning we told the kids we'd go "home" shortly and Parker said, "But we ARE home!" Faith agreed and they asked if we could just start staying at the new house. Scott and I decided to get their bedrooms moved that day. On Sunday, our nephew-in-law (I just love having a nephew) helped Scott move our king-sized mattress...which had I attempted to help with would have most likely caused a disagreement of some sort between Scott and me...so better to have nephew-in-law help instead. We all slept in our beds at the new house last night.
Keep in mind that there is still a LOT to do. Our office needs to be moved...but the cable / internet will not be hooked up until Wednesday. Our washer and dryer needs to be moved...so I'm at the old house right now doing laundry. Our living room furniture needs to be moved, as well as the piano...which I'm waiting on a moving quote from piano movers. Our bedroom (minus the bed) needs to get moved. And then there's all the little piddly-diddly stuff that needs to find a home. The plus in this whole chaos is the fact that if we don't have a spot for something in the new house, it stays at the old house and we will label it "sell," "throw," or "storage"...the majority of which will be "sell" or "throw." This purging feels so very good!
But before I sign off today, I'll share three little "Faith-isms" from this weekend, one of which might make you sad and the others which will hopefully make you giggle:
1. This morning it hit Faith that we were pretty much moved in...and it made her very sad. She sat on my lap and cried and cried for about a half an hour. She will miss her old room. She will miss her old house. She does not want to move in. She just wants to stay "home." As hard as she tried, she just couldn't get those tears to stop...and I was having a very difficult time not joining her. She decided that she wanted to spend the day at the old house while I did laundry instead of me running back-and-forth from the new house to the old house. She could watch her favorite morning shows and play with her toys (the majority of which are still here). She told her daddy, though, that she will feel better once things are settled. I hope so...my heart can't take much more of her being this sad.
Now on the to the giggly-stuff...
2. The Wii is hooked up at the new house and there was a lot of Wii playing on Saturday while Scott and I moved and organized. At one point, Parker got hot and decided to take his shirt off. Of course that meant Faith got hot, too, and she asked if she could take her shirt off. We told her she could...she's six. Anyway, after a few minutes of being shirtless, Faith came to me and said,
"MOM! It's a good thing we have bellies so we can take our shirts off!"
Yep. Good thing!
3. After church yesterday we were invited to my parent's house for a Mother's Day family gathering. My entire family was there. We had to bring dessert so we picked up a yummy Dairy Queen cake. Then we stopped at the grocery store to get flowers for my mom. While Scott and the kids waited in the car, I picked out red and pink roses for my mom (one dozen from each of the kids) and decided that my sister-in-law...who is a mom, too...should have some bright yellow tulips. I returned to the car and gave Faith the pink roses for Grandma and Parker the red roses for Grandma. Then I said, "The tulips are for Aunt Judy cuz she's a mom, too!" A couple minutes later, Faith said,
"I didn't know Aunt Judy likes turnips."
Yep. She likes tulips, too!
Peace and blessings to your day!
Jeanine
2 comments:
Your daughter is so cute! Congrats in the early move. Will b praying for Faith's transition!
Yeah for moving early! And I saw on FB that you're doing laundry... crazy how the most mundane becomes enjoyable in a new home
I'll be lifting up Faith in my prayers. And mommy too!
Post a Comment