As I start typing this post, it is 8:12 AM on Monday morning.
Faith is still sleeping.
Faith is rarely still sleeping at 8:12 AM.
But she had a busy weekend that included her very first sleepover Friday night at her friend, Sylvia's, house right across the street. Before the sleepover they had played outside and inside nearly from the time they got off the school bus to the time they went to bed. The same followed the next morning and afternoon. We hardly even saw our little Faith Marie.
Late Saturday afternoon she attended her brother's very first piano recital. She leaned against me and fell asleep for a short time. She said the recital was boring. I thought it was awesome. Whatever. The recital was followed by both sets of grandparents coming to our house and Scott's parent's staying for dinner. Grandparents are always exciting for Faithy!
Sunday, of course, was church and Sunday School and playing on the playground after church and running with all her Sunday morning friends. We came home to work to do in the "yard" (more like dirt, as we are preparing the "yard" for sod). She picked rocks, helped Grandpa Pete carry a bucket of stones and dump them in his pickup (and thought it was cool to stand in the bed of the truck) and was the designated "beverage runner" for my dad, brother and sister-in-law, Scott, Parker and me. Good thing Grandma Pat was there to assist Faith with her tasks. Faithy ended the day by jumping rope, roller blading and playing in the dirt.
She was one pooped out little six-year old.
So...should I risk opening the door to check on her? Risk disrupting Player, one of our dogs who sleeps with Faith, who will most likely disrupt her and wake her if I open the door?
Nope. I'll let her sleep and pray that she's just tired and not sick.
She's a busy one, our little Faith Marie!
Peace and blessings to your day!
Jeanine
3 comments:
She woke up at 8:35 this morning and said, "Mom...I don't feel good. I have a headache."
That...on top of being tired...was what I was afraid of.
No fever, but I think she's fighting allergies. Good thing she doesn't have school today.
Hi Jeanine,
I hope she'll be totally fine again very soon!!!
Have a great Pentecost Monday,
Sibylle
Sounds like a weekend of firsts! Hope everyone feels rested and recovered soon!
Hugs to you!
Genny
Post a Comment