Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Sunday, May 16, 2010

SELF-INFLICTED cRaZY!

A few weeks ago I told you the story of the parakeet in need of a home that Faith and I brought into our family. His name is "Hiccup."

After several attempts, "Hiccup" successfully escaped from his cage one evening last week. I had to use a small fish net to catch him. This morning he was trying again to make a break for it. Our plan was to go directly to PetSmart after church today and get a new cage. One with smaller gaps between the bars. We found a new cage.

However...

Did you know that parakeets are "social" birds?

We didn't.

The result?

A friend for "Hiccup."

He's blue and his name is "Rainbow."

Twice the chirping...twice the bird poop...twice the fluttering of wings.

Twice the joy on the kids faces.

And Scott? Well...he checked on our new little friends quite often throughout the day today and admitted to me this evening that he really enjoys having those little winged creatures in the house.

Me? I'm a sucker for pets...as long as they are not slimy, slithery or creepy-crawly (I nixed the tiny lizard Parker had his eye on at the pet store). However, although I like the name "Rainbow" for our newest little addition, I would have preferred the name, "Sneeze." How cute would that have been..."Hiccup" and "Sneeze"?

I vetoed Parker's suggestion of "Hiccup" and "Fart."

Peace and blessings to your day!
Jeanine

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jack would totally have loved Parker's idea. :) Happy bird watching!

Unknown said...

Yes, I should have clarified. Jack would definitely go for naming the bird "Fart". I hear that word way too often around here.