Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Friday, May 21, 2010

RANDOM RECAP OF THE WEEK

* Parker left on Wednesday morning for school and he hasn't been home since. WHAT? Yep...that's right. He and the rest of the 5th graders got on a bus at 9 AM Wednesday morning and headed up to Palisade, Minnesota, to Long Lake Conservation Center for a three-day adventure. He will return today at 4 PM and we cannot wait to have him home! We've all missed him terribly but we know he was having a blast! Faithy got off the school bus yesterday looking a little sad. I asked her if she was okay and she said, "I miss Parker." She made him cards in school yesterday. This is the longest Parker has been away from home (without Scott or me) and he was both excited and a little nervous about the trip. I can't wait to hear about all the exciting adventures he will have to share when he gets home.

* Our driveway was to be laid on Monday. Due to the excessive amounts of rain we had last week and the week before (thought we might have to build an arc) the driveway was not possible because it was still to muddy...even though the temps started to increase into the mid to upper 70s last weekend. Driveway was promised yesterday. End of day yesterday...no driveway. Bummer. Maybe today? It's looking doubtful as we woke up to rain. Double-bummer. Can't get a yard until we get a driveway so it's looking as though sod will be pushed out, too. Bummer, bummer, bummer!

* We get the first of our window treatments today. The bedrooms...where we REALLY need the blinds...are on back order and will hopefully arrive next week. The family room blinds, because of their size, were shipped separately from the blinds for the sliding glass doors. Family room and slider were both supposed to be installed today. Only the slider will be installed today and hopefully the rest will be here...and giving us some privacy...by early next week.

* We (I) babysat the most adorable five-month old little boy yesterday. Baby Marshall arrived around 4 PM and stayed until 10 PM. He's our pastor and his wife's newest addition and he is ever-so-sweet with the cutest cheeks and a heart-warming smile. Unfortunately he did not want to be put down. I had to hold him and snuggle him almost the whole time he was here. Oh darn for me...NOT!

* Faith has pajama / movie day at school today. She's very excited about which pair of jammies she will wear. I'm guessing Hello Kitty.

* Parker has his very first piano recital tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait to hear him play "Doodly-Doo".

Peace and blessings to your day!
Jeanine

1 comment:

Genny said...

Welcome home Parker! I'm sure you will have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs!
genny