Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

IN MY HEART

This morning after I dropped Parker off at school, Faith and I went for our usual morning drive. You see, Parker likes to be at school EARLY...which gives Faith and me any where from 10-15 minutes before she needs to be at school. So we drive around town...and we "chit-chat" (that's what she tells her daddy).

Anyway, this morning we drove past my parent's church and the church that I grew up in. Faith asked me, "Mommy...why do we go to church, anyway."

Okay...how do I make this simple enough for her to understand?

"Well, Faith. We go to church to be with people who strengthen our relationship with God and Jesus. We go there to learn about God and Jesus and how much they love us...no matter what."

It was early, folks. My brain wasn't prepared for this kind of discussion so I did the best I could.

I also told her that I wanted her to understand her relationship with God and Jesus earlier in life than what I did and that God and Jesus are always with her and in her heart.

Then she said, "Great-Grandma will always be in my heart, too!"

Scott's grandmother passed away about a year and a half ago. Faithy so enjoyed her Great-Grandma. We didn't get into the cities to see her as often as we would have liked to, but when we did, Faith would always greet Great-Grandma with a kiss and walk right next to her when we would push Great-Grandma in the wheelchair. There were times we would be strolling along and Faith would walk very slowly next to the chair and hold Great-Grandma's hand. She never left Great-Grandma without another kiss and an "I love you!"

I said, "Do you miss Great-Grandma?"

"Yes."


"Do you remember getting to see Great-Grandma the night before she went to be with Jesus?"

"Yes."

*pause*

"Hey, mom?"

"Yes, Faith?"

"Remember the picture of Dora the Explorer I colored for Great-Grandma and she hung it up on the wall in her room?"

"Yes."

"I wonder what happened to that picture?"

"I don't know, Faithy."

"Yeah...maybe they took it down."

"Yeah...maybe."

I've been thinking about this conversation throughout the morning and it's making my eyes warm and moist. As I was emptying the dishwasher I was thinking how my grandparents passed on early in my life, except my grandmother who lived until I was in my mid-20s. I never even thought what it would be like to have a great-grandparent. But Parker and Faith knew what it was like and Faithy especially really took it to heart. She talks about Great-Grandma quite often, usually when it's least expected...like this morning.

It warms my heart that thinking of Great-Grandma makes Faithy think of God and Jesus. And that thinking of God and Jesus reminds Faithy of Great-Grandma. I wonder if they are all three smiling together about their sweet little Faith Marie?

Peace and blessings to your day!
Jeanine

6 comments:

Loren said...

Oh what a precious post!! I think you are right on and they are absolutely smiling down on all of you about now!!

I was very close to my great grandparents and it was so hard when I lost them. My daughter who is now 18 was very close to her great grandma, my nana who we ALL LOVED AND ADORED!! She just recently wrote a note about her on FB and let me tell you.... everyone who read it has cried! Her memories are precious! Just like your Faith's memories! What a blessing it is to hear from their hearts!

Enjoy your day and let the tears flow...for they are good and special tears flowing from a heart of love!

Genny said...

This was such a beautiful post, Jeanine. Your little Faithy is such a sweetheart and I love the conversation you had. I love that you go for a morning drive too; what awesome memories that will create!

You have such a warm and loving heart. It is always such a pleasure to stop by and read your posts! They always touch me.

Hugs to you!
Genny

Unknown said...

I'm sure they are. What a tender heart Faith has. What a nice early morning conversation. :)

Sharon said...

i bet she has a copy of that picture in heaven with her!

cybil said...

A very precious talk with your daughter!

Toia said...

This is such a heartfelt post. I enjoyed reading your conversation with your daughter. It's so sweet!! Thanks for sharing!!!