Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Thursday, October 28, 2010

JUST IN CASE YOU WANTED TO KNOW...

I haven't had much to post about lately. So I decided I'll share some things about me that you might not know...or care to know...you can decide that for yourself.
  • My favorite color is pink and my favorite food is pizza
  • The food items on my plate cannot touch each other
  • The sight of cheese and salsa dip makes me gag, as does Velveeta cheese
  • I prefer to be barefoot rather than socked
  • I do not like to abbreviate words
  • I am the youngest of three children and the only girl
  • My brothers are 15 and 13 years older than me
  • My hair started to gray when I was 15
  • I colored my hair until I was 41
  • I used to be a size six. Now I am a size "not six."
  • I swore I would never have a baby after age 38. I was 37 and nine months when Faith was born.
  • I do not like to eat my vegetables
  • I could eat an entire bag of Double Chocolate Milano cookies in one sitting
  • I prefer my Oreos with a Diet Coke...not milk
  • Patience is not a virtue for me
  • Personality tests categorize me as an introvert
  • I cannot run because if I do, I pee. My husband and children find this hilarious!
  • My favorite TV shows are Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters
  • I hate the color green
  • I wanted to be a photographer when I grew up
  • Other than select group of people...and you know who you are...I do NOT like to talk on the phone
  • Scott and I met when I picked him up in a bar. First and only time I ever did that and it has worked out really well!
  • I was a percussionist in Junior High and High School
  • I am an absolutely horrible singer and I will threaten my children with my lack of singing abilities whenever they misbehave in the car. "Keep it up and I'll start to sing!" Works like a charm!
  • My husband has taught me how to relax. I never knew how to before.
  • I like word puzzles
  • I am terrible at math!
  • I love to sit at the beach but prefer not to go in the water
  • My husband can make me laugh like no one else can!
  • I would rather clean a bathroom than do dishes by hand
  • I love rainy days
  • I get confused when someone I know uses the phrase, "awfully pretty."
  • I am a work in progress. To coin a phrase from my dear friend, "I...am a beautiful mess!"
Peace and blessings to your day!
Jeanine

5 comments:

cybil said...

I love the fact that patience is no virtue for you!! HAHA!!
that was a nice distraction from other duties! :-)

Loren said...

Ha! I am a size "not 6" as well!!! LOVE THIS :)
You have BEAUTIFUL gray hair which is not true for everyone! Trust me....I do hair!
I pee if I run or jump on the tramp....hate it and my family laughs toooo!!
I am a work in progress as well!

Loved learning these things about you :) Thanks for sharing with us!

Have a blessed weekend

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

This was so fun to read and I busted out laughing when you said you don't run because when you do you pee. I can't do jumping jacks for that same reason.
And I'm not a size 6 either if it makes you feel any better. LOL! And at 6 foot I rarely ever was. Ha!
Have a fabulous day!
Kim

BARBIE said...

Food not touching? I don't know what that is like. I love to mix mine all together. I love to be barefoot too! Had to laugh at "not a size 6". Me either! I had my last baby at 37. My mom picked my dad up in a bar! Loved this so much!

kim said...

Ok, Ok who is it that says "awfully pretty", cause it sounds like something I might actually say!
You? Not like to talk on the phone? hee hee
Met in a bar too? Worked for me and james too! I think bars are a.o.k. for picking up your spouse.
You always make me laugh! Thanks for sharing this stuff!