Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Monday, October 11, 2010

RUNNING FOR "AMAZING FAITH"

This past Saturday we were in Iron River, Wisconsin and Ashland, Wisconsin for the Whistlestop Marathon. Scott's Uncle Tom and Tom's friend, Mike, who both live in Cary, Illinois were running this marathon and they were running it for our little Faith.

We met them at the starting area in Iron River and Faith was able to greet both Uncle Tom and Mike with hugs before the race started. We then followed Aunt Debbie and Mike's wife, Kathy, to the 13 mile mark of the race and cheered on Tom and Mike when they ran by. Then we went to the 20 mile mark and did the same thing. Finally, we headed into Ashland and waited by the finish line. The entire experience was amazing!

Here are photos from the event:

Faith Marie - on the shuttle bus going to the marathon


Greeting Uncle Tom


Posing for a photo with Mike and Uncle Tom


The scenery in northern Wisconsin was beautiful this time of year


A little shy with so much attention


Parker and Scott


A photo op with the runners before the race.
Parker ~ Scott ~ Faith & Jeanine ~ Uncle Tom ~ Mike


Uncle Tom & Faith


Tom & Mike's T-shirts said, "Running for Faith - 2010"


One last hug before lining up for the race


The scenery on the way back to the shuttle bus






Waiting for the shuttle
Aunt Debbie ~ Judy (Scott's mom) ~ Parker ~ Faith & Scott ~ Jeanine


Half way there!


Enjoying the beautiful weather and playing with leaves


20 mile mark


After the race
Uncle Tom & Faith


After the race
Mike ~ Faith ~ Uncle Tom


Faith's whole crew having lunch at Sand Stone Brewery
Scott ~ Mike & Kathy ~ Tom & Debbie ~ Judy ~ Faith & Parker


A quick view of Lake Superior before heading back home




It was an amazing weekend watching two generous men run this marathon in honor of an even more amazing little girl!

Peace and blessings to your day!
Jeanine

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fabulous time. What a blessing!

cybil said...

sound like an absoulte wonderful weekend!!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

That is so wonderful. And I loved the scenery. I don't think you could have picked a better location to have such a worthy race. It looked simply beautiful.
I hope you have a fabulous day.
Hugs
Kim

P.S. If I could talk my family into homemade pizza on Thanksgiving I would. LOL! I only like the turkey for what I do with it afterwards in leftovers.

kim said...

love the pictures! what a gorgeous day in Minnesota!! what a wonderful act of love and generosity! I love it!

Genny said...

Oh this choked me up! How beautiful that they were running it for Faith. She is such a precious girl.

Have a wonderful day, my friend!

Genny