I wrote this post at 5 AM this morning...sort of. I wrote it in my HEAD at 5 AM this morning. I'm posting it at 10 AM. Here's what happened:
5 AM. Max, the younger of our two dogs, comes into our room followed by Parker. Parker taps me on the shoulder and says, "Mom. I'm sorry to wake you, but Maxie had a tummy ache." UGH. No, no, no...not a Maxie tummy ache! I hate the Maxie tummy aches. It means vomit. So I asked Parker, "Did he throw up?" Parker's response..."Yep."
Oh goodie.
I flipped the covers back and told Parker to crawl into my side of the bed and try to go back to sleep. I looked at the clock. 5 AM.
Double goodie.
I grabbed my glasses, staggered down the hallway, down the step and into the kitchen for the roll of paper towels. When I came back upstairs Parker was in his room looking for a clean shirt. That's when I realized that unfortunately for Parker, Max threw up on the top sheet on Parker's bed. Then I realized that fortunately for me, it was the top sheet of Parker's bed which is much easier to clean up than the carpeting in Parker's room. And the throw up wasn't that much.
So I wiped it up, stripped the bed, threw the bedding into the laundry room for washing this morning. Then I went back to bed, scooted Parker closer to the middle of the bed so I had some space and then crawled in next to him.
And I got to snuggle up with him.
And he didn't mind one teeny, tiny little bit.
In fact, he sort of snuggled into it himself.
My nearly twelve-year old "little" boy. Allowed me to snuggle him. I could smell his freshly washed hair from his shower right before bed. I could listen to his gentle breathing. I could hold him close and remember when this was all he wanted was to sleep in daddy and mommy's bed, right in between us.
I didn't really fall back to sleep. I'm not sure if Parker did, either.
My alarm went off and the day "officially" began. Breakfast, brushing of teeth, gathering of backpacks and instruments and driving to school.
But who knew that dog vomit at 5 AM could produce such a beautiful start to my day with my "little" boy?
Hey...sometimes we gotta do whatever we can to make lemonade out of lemons, right?
Peace and blessings to your day.
Jeanine
2 comments:
Well what a beautiful way of looking at things! (And I loved your comment, "Oh goodie"... lol)
Glad you had a special moment with your son, but I'm sorry about the throw up...
Hugs to you!
genny
Oh this is precious!! there is nothing better than snuggling our boys is there!!!??? Glad there wasn't much of a mess too! That makes it all the better :)
Happy Friday!!!
Post a Comment