Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Monday, October 25, 2010

LESSONS LEARNED

Here's what we learned at Faith's indoor-beach-themed 7th Birthday party with her little friends:
  • It's been nearly five years since we hosted a 7-year old birthday party and in those five years kids seem to have gotten louder!
  • I've forgotten how little girls, when gathered together in excitement...SCREAM! And little boys like to wrestle the big brother of the birthday girl!
  • Do not...repeat...DO NOT...put whistles in the goodie bags!
  • This has to be one of the the worst...but also one of the cutest...renditions of "Happy Birthday" in the history of singing "Happy Birthday."


Unfortunately I did not get a video of us singing at the party with both sides of the family...grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins...we.were.AWESOME! We rocked the house!

Peace and blessings to your day!
Jeanine

3 comments:

kim said...

Definitely NO WHISTLES in the party bags! Wowsers!

Hope she had a wonderful day of celebration! looks like a great time had by all.

cybil said...

I'm sure you had loads of fun!
Best wishes from Geneva,
Sibylle

Loren said...

sounds like you all had a wonderful time :)

Whistles!! Holy smokes....they can have them only when they are in their own car going H.O.M.E hahahaa ;)

Happy birthday to Faith !!