Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Thursday, January 22, 2009

ANOTHER "FAITH FUNNY"

Okay...so on Tuesday, Faith and I were talking about the inauguration and she wasn't really sure what was going on. Of course she doesn't...she's five! Anyway, I told her it was the day when we get a new President of the United States. She said, "No, mommy! I like the old one!"

HUH? Again...she's FIVE! I was thinking to myself, "She has no idea who President George W. Bush is." So, I just told her I was sorry she didn't like our new President and we went about what we were doing.

Now...let me preface this next part with a quick explanation. There's a show on, I think, Disney Channel, called "Corey In The House." It's about a teenage boy who lives with his dad, who happens to be the head White House chef, in the White House. The President also has a little girl and between the teenage boy, Corey, and the little girl they can cause quite a ruckus in the White House.

So...back to my story. A couple hours later, out of the blue, Faith says, "Mommy? Will Corey In The House still be on?"

Again my response: "HUH?"

"Will Corey In The House still be on because I really like that show?"

Ahhhhh...NOW I get it! She thought because I told her we were getting a new President that it meant the President on the show she liked would be gone and the show would be over! I guess if I put myself in her little world it all makes sense!

I told her that the show would still be on and that all the people on the show are just pretend. I told her the man that plays the President isn't really the President and that the REAL President of the United States wasn't on a TV show.

It continually amazes me how little minds work.

No comments: