Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.
Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.
"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~
"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
MOTIVATE TO READ
Just checking in with y'all (how's that for a Minnesota girl?) to see if any of you have suggestions/success/experience on how to motivate a ten-year old boy to read! Parker fights his reading homework every step of the way. He's a good reader. He just doesn't like to do it. He's got Pokemon, Star Wars, Bionicles, mysteries, humor, comics...you name it...in his reading "library" but he still hates it! He must read for a minimum of 30 minutes per day. HELP! If you have any proven success with motivating a kid to read, please share!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
No advise from the Weed house, unfortunately. I have an 8 year old who also fights it every step of the way. We have tried everything from bribe, er I mean, rewards to punishment, but no matter what it is a fight for us.
Good luck and I'll be popping back to see if anyone has great advise for you (& me :))
Post a Comment