Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Thursday, November 12, 2009

SURPRISE!

I usually try really, really hard not to "count the days" for something fun that's coming up. I remember as a kid being excited about something and being hardly able to stand the time up until whatever it was. Now that I'm "older"...let me re-phrase that...now that I'm an "adult", it has become more clear to me that although I can be excited about something exciting that is coming up, today is exciting, too. By focusing on the "exciting day", I lose today...and tomorrow...and the next day...and what if today is the last? Sheesh...this is supposed to be a fun post and that last part of the sentence certainly is doesn't make it seem that way, does it?

Okay...more positively...although I am looking forward to today and tomorrow and do not want to diminish any of the excitement of what these days hold...I am happy about what the weekend holds and here's why:

A couple of weeks ago Scott said to me,

"So...I've been thinking..."

(Uh oh...)

He continued with, "I looked at the calendar and we have nothing scheduled for November 14th and 15th and Jeanine, we don't ever have you-and-me time. I was thinking that we'll ask my parent's if they can take the kids and the dogs overnight, you pick somewhere that you'd like to shop and we'll start our Christmas shopping and take some time together...just you and me. What do you think?"

I'm not sure what happened next. I was too dazed to remember, but I think that honestly, my mouth was agape and I just sat there in silence for what seemed like minutes but I know it was only seconds. Once I "came to" and realized I actually DID hear this correctly, I extended my right hand to Scott and said,

"Hi! I'm Jeanine...and you are?"

By now you've probably realized that this is something out of the ordinary for Scott to do, so he took me completely off-guard. I think the last time this happened there was a ring involved and words asking me if I'd like to spend the rest of my life with him.

So...although I try really hard not to "count the days"...again because every day is precious...I am looking forward to Saturday and Sunday and spending time with my husband...just the two of us.

I wonder if he has any more surprises up his sleeve?

Nahhhhhh...I'm not gonna push my luck..

Peace.
Jeanine

2 comments:

Genny said...

Oh how fun! Have a great time. :)

kim said...

Have a wonderful time! Sounds so fun! What a thoughtful guy that Scott is!