Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Friday, February 26, 2010

A PARKER "FUNNY" FROM THE PAST

Last night I was reminded of a Parker "funny" from when he was about five or six years old. It was a beautiful summer Sunday morning and we were getting ready for church. We were all attending a church that wasn't quite working for us and Parker was not thrilled about going that morning. While we were getting ready, Scott was trying to give Parker some words of encouragement and said, "Parker, church will be much more pleasant if you participate."

As we were walking down the sidewalk to enter church, I said to Parker, "Sweetie...what did daddy tell you to do to make church more enjoyable?"

To which Parker responded,

"He said I should irritate."

Peace.
Jeanine

1 comment:

Sharon said...

hee hee hee hee. That's a good one.

Reminds me of a Sunday School student I taught many years ago. We were discussing why Jesus needed to grow up from a little boy into a man. And I asked the kids why they thought that was.... and one little cutie said... "So he could DRIVE"

I loved it!