This week is "theme" week at the middle school. Monday was pajama day. Tuesday was Twins Day (either find a friend to dress the same as you or wear your Minnesota Twins attire). Today is "Decade Day" and the fifth graders got "50s" day. Parker wore jeans and a white t-shirt...and we slicked his hair back. Jokingly I told him we should roll up a box of Sweethearts (left-over from Valentine's Day) in the sleeve of his shirt. He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "WHY?" Scott said, "To look like a box of cigarettes...like they did in the 50s to look cool."
Keep in mind that we were totally kidding! We wouldn't have sent him to school looking like he had cigarettes in his sleeve. Even if we would have been serious, Parker wouldn't have had anything to do with it. His response was,
"NO! Not at school! Especially with D.A.R.E!"
Good boy, Parker. Good boy!
Peace.
Jeanine
8 comments:
What a good conscience he has!!
would have totally sent the box in the sleeve to look like cigarettes. such a rebel I am, i know.
good for Parker! Such a good kid!!
Love it!! He sounds like a great boy. DARE- super job they are doing! Blessings to you today.
Sweet! Visiting from Talkin' Thursdays. I'm in MN too, Woodbury. Hope your day is great!
What a great kid! So glad you joined in today! I hope Faith is doing well!
So awesome that he knows it isn't right but when you wrote that I thought what a great idea it would look more like the 50's.... glad he knows better :0)
what a great response!! I LOVE IT! How did you keep from laughing?!
HAHAHA Glad to hear DARE is sticking with him, in even more ways then they thought.
Post a Comment