God Moment #1
I'm in a Bible study at our church. This week we talked about the fact that God gives us free-will. He gives us the opportunity to make choices and we can choose to make good choices or bad choices. Sometimes, we make a bad choice not knowing we're making a bad choice. Maybe it starts out good, but ends up not-so-good. But sometimes we make a bad choice and we know it. And we do it anyway.
This was an appropriate lesson this week because Scott and I were in the middle of one of those choices. We were in the midst of something we did not want to be doing. This was a basically a "pride" thing. But the feeling we both had about it was dread. We knew the result of this choice was going to end up bad. We knew because we had experienced it many times and we acted on the temptations this choice presented. The results of our acting on these temptations have always ended up biting us in the behind. The results do not sit well with our souls. Before I was able to share my Bible study thoughts with Scott and discuss with him that maybe we should reconsider our choice, something happened that changed the direction of our choice for us. An opportunity that we could not pass up even if we wanted to. An opportunity that we are excited to be able to participate in. Coincidence? I think not. God's intervention? Yep...pretty much.
God Moment #2
This morning, as I was driving my kids to school, I was blinded by the sun. Literally...all I could see for a brief moment was the sun. After I dropped them off and I was on my way home, it happened again and it got me thinking. First it got me thinking that wouldn't you just love to be with me in the car while I'm driving my kids to school? How safe would you feel with me driving and being momentarily blinded...several times? The second thing that came to my mind was the words "being blinded by the sun" changed to "being blinded by the Son."
Blinded by the Son.
Blinded by the brightness of the Son. Literally...all you can see is the Son.
Do I live that way? Do I live my life only seeing the Son? Obviously from my God Moment #1 you'll see that I don't. But what would life be like only seeing the Son in all aspects of my life? I know I'm human. I'm not perfect and I'm going to make mistakes. But what if I start making my choices by looking up and being blinded by the Son? Seeing Jesus and Jesus alone? Not society, not government, not culture...none of that. Just the Son.
Okay. I'm done now.
Just needed to share some thoughts and moments that have been a part of my last few days.
Peace and blessings...and God moments...to your day!
Jeanine
3 comments:
Thank you for sharing those moments with us. It was a great reminder for me to always look at the Son. I try too often to pave my own way (or sit idly by watching life go past me). I love it when God speaks to us in such a neat way.
Blinded by the SON. Oh if only I could be like that too! (of course, driving while blind might be a little more scary! hee hee).
Excited to see that Kim is heading back to MN. You must be excited!
I found you from Kim's Friday funnies and had to say I love your blog!! We are the same age and share the same opinions on quite a few things :)
Love your God moments!! The Lord knows your heart and blessed you both!!
A few years back my husband was hit by a teenager bc the boy was blinded by the sun. It was awful! They were both ok but still it was soo scary for both of them!
Love your video with the dogs taking a ride! That happens exactly the same here @ our household! LOL
I pray you have a blessed Friday and joy-filled weekend!
Post a Comment