Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Monday, September 27, 2010

WHAT A GREAT WEEKEND!

We had an A.W.E.S.O.M.E. weekend! Our friends who live in the western part of Minnesota decided on a whim early last week to come and visit. They wondered if we had plans and if not, would we join them and could they stay with us. The answer to both questions was, "YES!"

Kris and I have known each other since we were six. If you do the math, that's 38 years. Thom and Scott are our "city boys" and went to high school in neighboring metro schools. Turns out that even though my Scott is the baby (two years behind Thom, Kris and me), he and Tom swam against each other in high school. All of us together have been friends for over 20 years. They have two kids, too. Their son is 13 and their daughter is 10. Fits in perfectly with our Parker who is 11 and our Faith who is 6. They arrived Friday night and left Sunday afternoon.

So what did we do? Well...we dipped into our little "secret stash of cash" and went to Mall of America and played at Nickelodeon Universe. The kids favorite rides were the Splat-O-Sphere and Brain Surge. We ate at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. and played a round of mini-golf at Moose Mountain Adventure Golf. We stopped at American Girl for a book that Kris wanted for her daughter, Aeropostle to exchange a shirt for their son and Old Navy where Faithy got these shoes.

And we.had.fun!

After church on Sunday we decided to make spaghetti and meatballs with homemade garlic bread. We watched the Vikings beat on the Detroit Lions. By mid-afternoon our friends were packed up and ready for their two-hour drive back home.

Our kids were soooooooo very tired last night after a fun-filled weekend with their friends! We all can't wait to spend time with them again!

Peace and blessings to your day!
Jeanine

2 comments:

Loren said...

Sounds like a fantastic time!! I absolutely LOVE Bubba Gump! We don't have any in OK but when my husband and I went to Hawaii a LONG time ago we ate there and OH MY! It was divine!! Soo glad you were able to spend time with friends and especially ones that you have such a history with! such a gift isn't it :)

So glad you came by my blog and YES I will be visiting you all the time :)

Happy Monday

Genny said...

It sounds like a great time, Jeanine! It's so nice to have friends like that. I have one friend I've known since third grade and we are really close. Whenever we see each other, it's like no time has passed.

Have a wonderful night!

hugs!
genny