Now we are home...and honestly, this is where are hearts are truly the most content. California may have had the warm temperatures, but Minnesota is where we are completely filled with warmth...even with the significant change in climate. Today was a very low-key day at the Johnson house. Parker was content to just "be." Faith played at the kitchen table with her Polly Pockets for the majority of the morning and again this afternoon. The dogs came home from the kennel...both VERY dirty...so they each got a well deserved bath. Scott and I got the bags unpacked and I started the mountain of laundry that had accumulated over the past week. We are thankful for the opportunity we had to spend time together as a family with no interruptions...no phones, computers, video games or schedules to be met. We are also thankful for the chance to experience someplace new and different...mainly for the kids. We also returned to Minnesota more appreciative of where we live and the place we call home.
During our journey, we met people from a variety of places...all of them wonderful people we enjoyed having an opportunity to visit with and get to know. Parker and Faith made many friends along the way and we exchanged emails with a couple of families before we all returned to our designated states/countries. Those we met along our journey were from the following places:
- Alberta, Canada
- Vancouver, Canada
- Boise, Idaho
- Arizona
- El Paso, Texas
- Michigan
- North Carolina
- Los Angeles
- Seattle, Washington
- Oregon
- Greece
- England
- And of course, other areas of California
California gave us sun, beaches, fun, friendly people and uninterrupted time together. But Minnesota...even with it's chilly temperatures brings a warmth unlike any other...the warmth of home. Hope you're all warm and cozy where you are, too...from the warmth of your home and the warmth of the SON.
Peace.
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a fun family vacation. I love family vacations and I also love sitting on the beach doing absolutely nothing but enjoying the sun, the ocean and the family. Glad you had a great time!
I am glad you had a good time with your family. You caught my attention about the wild animal park. Just curious, what didn't you like? We were planning to go there next week. We could change and go to the zoo, but the kids have been to zoos and I've been to the wild animal park when I was young, so thought that would be nice. If you check this, can you please respond. (We leave tomorrow morning). If I don't here, we'll just see for ourselves.
Post a Comment