Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.
Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.
"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~
"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
MR. CLEAN...WHERE ARE YOU?
Okay...I'll be up front right away and admit that the reason for a second blog entry today is because I'm procrastinating. Yep. Pro...cras...tin...ating. I've gotten fairly good at it...which is not even close to how I used to be about certain things. Anyway...I'm trying to get the house cleaned before we leave for spring break. I like coming home to a nice, tidy, clean house knowing that my biggest challenge will be emptying suitcases of dirty laundry and getting through that task without having to worry about a dirty house. It's funny how cleaning has changed for me in the almost fifteen years we have been married. At first we started in a tiny, but adorable, apartment that I thought I needed to take all day Saturdays cleaning. Yep...every little nook and cranny. Used toothbrushes to get in the tight spots. Then we moved into our first house. It, too, was pretty tiny, but seemed huge compared to our apartment. Cleaning there was pretty much the same. So...jump to 2008. We are now in our fourth house. We love this house. All of us. Parker says often how "cool" he thinks our "new" (we've been here almost two years) house is. I agree. It's a great house. Except for when it comes to cleaning. I just can't seem to get a grip on it. Now...hold on a second...I'm not complaining about the cleaning. I have been keeping up on Kim's blog entries and don't want anyone to think I haven't been paying attention...because I have. Although I wouldn't ever argue if Scott told me he thought we should get someone to clean the house...even once a month...but that's just not me. I would feel horribly guilty. I grew up "learning" how to clean the house. However, as I've said before...I am not my mother. Her house is spotless and it gets cleaned daily...and then thoroughly on a weekly basis. Nope...not me. I'm in the process right now of "baby steps." Today is bathrooms and then maybe...just maybe...dusting. It's going fairly well...but I needed a break...hence my second blog entry of the day...oh...and more coloring with Faith. She LOVES to color. So far I've got three bathrooms done. Two more to go. After that, the dusting should be a breeze. Tomorrow I'll vacuum, however, I guarantee there will be more procrastinating. But oh how wonderful it will feel to leave knowing that everything is in it's place and nice and tidy. There will be clean sheets put on the bed before we leave, no dog hair to vacuum up because the dogs will be boarded, no unflushed "you know what's" in the toilets and no dirty dishes in the sink (dishwasher is still broken). I'll need a vacation by the time I'm done. Oh...that's right...this time that IS the prize at the end of the task!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh how I love to dust! & I don't mind washing dishes either. I still think we should do a chore swap. I'll do your dusting and dishes and you can do the tasks that you like that I detest. Now we just would have to work out the commute.....
Post a Comment