Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Monday, March 10, 2008

A RECENT DISCOVERY

So...I went shopping yesterday afternoon BY MYSELF!  Sounds wonderful, doesn't it?  It was...when I was buying stuff for the kids.  However, I was supposed to be buying stuff for myself. Scott gave me a significant mall gift card for Christmas and as of yesterday I had only spent $30. So, yesterday I decided that it was my day to go clothes shopping and find cute and well-put-together looks for our trip to San Diego.  Here's what I have decided:
  • Although I used to LOVE clothes shopping for myself...no so much anymore.
  • You must either be large ALL OVER or small ALL OVER...no little bits of both.
  • Elastic waists and stretchy materials are fabulous!
  • The majority of clothing designers are male.  The female ones are evenly proportioned. They are ALL mean!
  • Swimsuits should be outlawed!
  • Liposuction is beginning to sound like a fabulous idea!
  • So does a boob job!
  • "Junk in the trunk" does not make for easy pants shopping.  The folks at Eddie Bauer swore they would find me something that fit before the sale lady finally looked at me, shook her head and shrugged her shoulders.  I left with one shirt.
  • Shopping for my kids is WAY more fun!

1 comment:

kim said...

You are WAY TOO hard on yourself, my friend. I am certain that you look fabulous in many, many, many things! You are beautiful just the way He made you.