Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.
Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.
"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~
"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~
Monday, March 31, 2008
GOD'S TALENT
God is one talented fellow! Two weeks ago I was clearing our driveway of leftover snow from a recent snowfall. One week ago I was sitting on the beach with Scott watching the waves roll in from the ocean, soaking up beautifully warm sunshine while Parker and Faith played in the sand and ran in and out of the water. Today I'm sitting in our office watching the snow fall and hunkering down for an anticipated six to eight inches of the white stuff by evening. Even though it's end of March and we Minnesotans are looking more forward to seeing the buds start popping from the trees rather than more snow falling, I can't help but admit that this recent little burst of winter really is beautiful! It's so awesome to think of the gifts of nature God gives us everyday. Lovely snowfalls like I'm watching today...the freshness and newness of buds popping, birds singing, flowers blooming in the anticipation of spring...the warmth, sunshine, activities, kids home, flip-flops and tank tops, beaches, swimming, baseball, lazy-hazy days of summer...the vibrant colors of leaves, a touch of coolness in the air, grab a light jacket days of fall. Each season full of amazing gifts from God. He is truly a one-of-a-kind artist. He paints us a new picture each day...sometimes just little changes that would go without notice if we don't look hard enough. Sometimes big changes like I've experienced over the last two weeks. All works of art...all works of love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment