Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Saturday, September 20, 2008

BEAUTIFUL SATURDAY

Today was the last Saturday of Summer 2008. It was an absolutely beautiful day in Minnesota. I was afraid we wouldn't really get to do anything other than hang out at home...which is fine to do...but it was such a beautiful day! Anyway, since Scott had a lock-in at church last night with the youth I figured he'd sleep away most of the day...especially due to the fact that he didn't really fall asleep until a little after 5 AM. I know the youth love lock-ins...and so does Scott...but sleep...sleep is so delightful! Oh well...that's my opinion. Surprisingly enough, Scott slept for a while when he got home and then was up for the day. I spent the entire late morning / early afternoon working on my preparations for Sunday School tomorrow morning (I teach 4-5 year olds) and getting as much "prep" work for the little ones done as possible. Since we only have about 45 minutes of actual classroom time I hate to spend it having them cut out the shapes / activities so they can get to the decorating and gluing part of the project. By 2 PM I was ready to get out of the house and everyone was going with me whether they wanted to or not. Guess what...they wanted to...especially Scott...who is my "love-to-hang-at-home-hubby." We decided on the Maple Grove Art Fair. It's held at a beautiful shopping area in even more beautiful Maple Grove, Minnesota. I love to shop...and LOVE going to The Shoppes at Arbor Lake...especially on a beautiful day like today. However, this outing would not come without a challenge. Spending no money except for splurging on going out for dinner at Red Robin. I'm happy to say WE DID IT! We didn't spend a dime at the Art Fair. Not that it wasn't tempting...and we didn't tempt ourselves by going into any of the stores. I have to admit that walking by the window display at Pottery Barn and then not going in the store was a huge...and I mean HUGE...challenge for me. Not that I would have bought anything...we didn't need anything...but I just wanted to look. When I asked if anyone would like to join me in stepping inside the beautifully decorated Pottery Barn store, everyone said, "Ummmm...NO!" Parker politely informed me that I was out-voted so, "Sorry, mom, but it's not going to happen." Oh well...we continued on. What really amazed me was how much Parker enjoyed the whole thing. He really got into it and thought the art...whether pottery, photography, paintings, etc., we very "cool." Everything except the handmade jewelry. Faith, however, just trudged along...rather "rolled" along in her stroller...and would attempt to "scoot" her stroller in order to move it along. She did, however, like art that included horses and there was a photograph of a brightly colored fish that she said was her favorite. Our dinner at Red Robin was something that certainly satisfied our pallette. Since Scott found out about losing his job, we haven't really gone out to eat that much...except for a few times at McDonald's and that was mostly because we needed to get from one activity to another without being able to go home to eat and food was required before anyone could continue on. Our Red Robin burgers were fabulous...sorry, Kim...and we were full to the brim when we left! That was hours ago and I'm still incredibly full.

Hope you've been enjoying your weekend, too. The last paycheck came on Friday and we're still waiting to hear of promising job opportunities. It will come...God always provides. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Peace.
Jeanine

2 comments:

Carol said...

What a fun filled beautiful day! =) We had rain and clouds... But after a VERY hot summer it was kind of nice to have a nice cool day.

Still praying for Scott's job...

Enjoy your Sunday!

Power Up Love said...

I invite you to visit www.PowerUpLove.com real people sharing real stories about how love has really impacted and changed their lives. Share your story, struggles, or testimonies. Blessings...