Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

IF YOU SET A TRAP...

If you set a trap...you catch a mouse!

So all we heard about all day today from Faith was what we were going to do about the mouse in daddy's car. She so badly wanted to "catch" the mouse. After hearing about it for the "bazillionth" time, I finally went to the laundry room, found the mouse traps, cut a tiny chunk of cheese and set the trap in the back of Scott's vehicle...all the while Faith was in-tow, asking questions and wanting to "help." I felt horrible setting the trap, knowing the fate of this little mouse would not be one worth the cheese. But we also couldn't leave a mouse in daddy's car. So, I set the trap.

A few minutes later Faith and I were in the kitchen with the topic of the mouse still on her little mind. Now the questions revolved around the trap and if by "catching" the mouse we would be able to send it back to it's family. Hmmm...how to handle this one? I decided honesty was the best answer. So I said, "Faithy, honey...if the mouse gets caught in the trap it won't be able to go back to it's family because if the mouse gets caught in the trap it will die." She looked at me for a second and said, "Oooooohhhhhh." I asked her if she understood this and if she was okay with the fact that the mouse would die. She said, "Yeah...that's okay, mom." WOW! What a softie...even I had more sympathy for the poor little mouse that Faith did! Poor Scott had been out in the garage all day trying to fix the garage door opener (he has time now that he has NO JOB!). Anyway, Faith went out in the garage to tell daddy something...AGAIN...it was like the fourth thing in about ten minutes...and she said, "Daddy...if the mouse gets caught in the trap it will die." Then she threw her little hands out to the side and said, "That's just the way it is."

During dinner the mouse was still the main topic of conversation from Faith. She so badly wanted to go out to the garage to see if the mouse was "caught." Finally her persistence paid off and I said, "Fine...let's you and I go check to see if the mouse is caught yet." When we peeked in the back window of daddy's vehicle, there it was...the caught mouse! She ran in the house saying, "Daddy! Daddy! The mouse is caught. Can we get it now?" Geez...this child has absolutely NO mushy-gushy feelings at all for this poor little mouse! Scott had to firmly tell her that from that point on he would handle the mouse. She agreed...although reluctantly.

So...if you take a mouse to school...you'll freak everyone out!
If you freak everyone out...you'll have to set a trap.
If you set a trap...you'll catch the mouse.
If you catch the mouse...the mouse gets no sympathy from Faith!

Peace.
Jeanine

2 comments:

Tricia said...

I love it! See, I thought there'd be a good sequel. I love your ending. And Faith is funny too. It seems little ones can sometimes approach things so matter of factly and other times they freak out over the littlest things....like mice in a car!

kim said...

Funny! I agree with Tricia, the sequel is good. Too bad for the mouse, but…well, it is a mouse. Faith was so matter of fact, that cracks me up. Have a great day!