If you take a mouse to school...you'll freak everyone out!
So what's that all about? Well...let me tell you! First of all...our town is completely...and I mean COMPLETELY...under construction right now. It's one big detour. So, we left early for school...7:45 AM. The school is on the east side of town. We live on the west side of town. Should only be about a five to ten minute drive, depending on lights. Refer back to the comment on our town being COMPLETELY under construction. Anyway, we left twenty-five minutes early for school, which starts at 8:10 AM. We don't get far when we are stuck in traffic. That's the silliest thing ever to type because if you knew our small town, traffic is not something we typically get stuck in until we're at least ten miles out of town. Anyway, there we are...stuck. Parker's in the back seat saying, "We're late, aren't we? We're going to be late on the first day of school!" No, no, we assure him...he won't be late for school. Right about that time Faith, who is sitting in the far back seat...Parker's in the middle...it's a pestering thing between siblings...shouts out, "There's a mouse in the car!" Huh? Scott and I both asked her what in the world she was talking about and she said again, "There's a MOUSE in the car!" I turn around and sure enough sitting in the far back on the ledge of one of the windows is a mouse! I probably said something like, "Oh..my...gosh...there IS a mouse in the car!" At that point, Faith immediately starts crying and saying, "I'm scared! I'm scared!" Parker being the tough guy that he is starts screaming like a little girl! (But don't tell him I said that...especially on my blog for all the world...or at least those of you who read it...to see!) Anyway, Scott and I start laughing and I crawl over the front seats, into the middle seat to get Faith's car seat and move her at least to the middle seat with Parker. We're still stuck in traffic...haven't made much progress. The mouse, however, was probably so frightened by all the screaming that it was no where to be seen during the rest of the ride to school. It probably thought, "Oh..my...gosh...there are PEOPLE in the car! Get them out!"
Anyway, we eventually made it to school...with five minutes to spare. There was an announcement made shortly after we arrived that the buses from the west side of town would be approximately 20 minutes late. Hmmm...was it traffic-related or did they have mice as passengers freaking all the kids out, too?
Peace.
Jeanine
6 comments:
What a fabulous story to start off the school year! I can only imagine how funny all this looked to the other people around you stuck in traffic. Oh, to be a fly in the window of one of those cars. I'm still laughing! Too funny!
Hope day one went well! When's Faith's first day? Wednesday? Hope it's less eventful.
This cracked me up! Thanks for the smiles and giggles...I needed them. It has been an emotional day with both my babies off to school. Logan was so excited though! He literally jumped up and down when the school bus rounded our street!
Love ya!
Great story! I hope you send that in to some magazine and get paid big bucks for your adventure. Hey, who knows maybe this can be the next family income, publishing the Johnson Family Adventures!
That is hilarious! It could be a great sequel too. I'm just wondering what happened to the mouse? Did you ever find it. I hope so so that tomorrow's ride will go smoothly!
hilariuos! I think Brian got stuck in the same traffic...the traffic where the line of cars to go OVER the bridge on Bridge St was backed up to the stop sign by the Quick Shop????
Great story my friend!
B
That is HYSTERICAL! I laughed out loud when you made the observations about what the mouse was thinking!! Too fun - so glad you left the link!
Post a Comment