Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Thursday, April 8, 2010

JUST FOR THE JOY OF IT!

I'm joining Sharon today over at Good True & Beautiful and spreading the JOY! I love her "Just for the JOY of it!" posts. Today I'll share one of my own that happened just last night.

Last night I was in Scott and my bedroom checking the times for American Idol (I can never remember if Wednesday nights are at 7PM or 8PM). Anyway, Parker, my eleven year old son, came into the room. Without any coaxing, he crawled up on the bed, snuggled up really tight next to me, hugged me BIG and said:

"I miss you during the day, mom!"


And then he continued to snuggle for a few more minutes. A snuggle that seemed so very brief while at the same time taking the two of us to a world all our own for what seemed like eternity.

It brought a lump to my throat. Still does...even as I type today. Just when I think he's taking little steps away...toward independence...he confirms the fact that he still needs me. He still likes me. He loves me.

Parker...you bring me so much JOY! You're sweet and funny and silly and smart and goofy and handsome and well...YOU! I love you, sweet boy! (Notice his upside down shades?)











Peace and blessings to your day!
Jeanine

2 comments:

cybil said...

wow how sweet!!!!
greetings from geneva,
sibylle

Sharon said...

OH that made me cry too! What a beautiful, tender moment. I bet you treasure that in your heart for a long time. Such a blessing, our boys.

THANK YOU for sharing your JOYS with us today!