Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Monday, April 5, 2010

JUST WHERE YOU ARE

I was visiting Jill over at her blog, Simply My Thoughts, today. It reminded me of a conversation I had quite a few years back over dinner with a friend. It was in the year or so after Faith was born and my friend, knowing all that was going on in my life, asked me how everything was going. At one point I said,

"I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I married a man going through his third cancer. Parker was diagnosed with cancer at four months. Faith was born six weeks early and diagnosed with cancer at two days of age. Then there's me. I feel like I'm supposed to be doing something with all of this...like God wants me to do something with all of it. But I don't know what that is. I don't know what my purpose is."

My friend simply said,

"Jeanine...did you ever think that maybe you're doing it?"

I didn't fully understand...so she continued...

"Have you ever considered that God's purpose is for you to do exactly what you are doing...to be Scott's wife, Parker's mom and Faith's mom? It's just that simple."

I just love good friends...don't you?

Peace and blessings to your day.
Jeanine

5 comments:

kim said...

That's one wise friend. And so, so, so true she is. God calls you to exactly what he hands you. And if you're where He's asked you to go and doing what He's asking you to do - there you have it!

Excellent post!

*it's fun trying to guess who gave you such great words of wisdom *

kim said...

PS -it's enough, even if the world thinks you should be doing something more, something amazing, something BIG. You are doing amazing, BIG, more things - with an amazing, BIG, more God at your side!

Jill said...

Great words of wisdom that the Lord is teaching me. Sometimes my heart wants the 'big thing' to do for God when what He asks is to be faithful with what He has already placed before me.

Unknown said...

I needed to hear this today. Thank you!

Genny said...

Yes, I love good friends too...

This friend of yours sounds so wise. Such a great reminder!

You are an amazing woman with all you've been through. You inspire me!