This past weekend I read of a project being developed at Virginia Tech. They are developing a vehicle for the blind. YES! A vehicle for non-seeing or legally blind individuals. Being the wife and mother of a husband who is legally blind without his corrective lenses and who has a daughter that has visual impairments that will not be able to be corrected with corrective lenses, this news is huge! HUGE!
Now before you get all worried that there will be blind drivers on the road, keep in mind that this technology has a long way to go...not to mention the challenge of changing the mindset of people around the world.
But for this mother who listens to her six year old daughter say things like...
* "Mommy, when I'm sixteen, will I be able to drive?" (and me not wanting to answer this question quite yet in her little life)
* "Mommy, when I'm a mommy will I drive my kids around?"
* "Mommy, how do you remember where places are when you're driving? When I'm a grown-up will I remember, too?"
...well...I'm excited to see what develops and even more excited for the possibilities of what this would allow for my daughter. Just imagine...
Peace and blessings to your day.
Jeanine
1 comment:
That would be amazing! Go technology!
Post a Comment