Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

SHOES WITH WHEELS AND A CUSHY BUTT

After years of "wishing I could learn how to do that", I finally decided it was time. Faith was my inspiration (which she is for many things) and my instructor. Yesterday I bought Roller Blades. Yep. I'm 44-years old and after a good 20 years of saying it would be fun, I thought it was time. Faith started roller blading last summer with her little friend from across the street. By the end of the summer, she was a little roller blading fanatic. She loved it!

So today I slipped on my "shoes with wheels", along with knee pads, elbow pads, wrist guards and a helmet and made my first attempt at going up and down the sidewalk. Someone told me that if I knew how to ice skate that roller blading would be a snap. I must say that my ice skating abilities came back rather quickly and after a few minutes I was getting the hang of it. Oh sure, there was the "flap my arms frantically" several times in an attempt to regain my balance. There were shouts of, "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" There were several times of directing myself to the grass so I could stop. Not to mention that I was very thankful for the amount of mailboxes and street lights along our little portion of the street that more than once came in handy for stopping.

Faith even tired before I did and decided to head on into the house. However, I said, "Faith...I'm going to make one more run down the sidewalk." That's where I made my mistake. If you're doing well at something...don't risk "one more run." With about a half a block to go before arriving back to the safety of our nice soft grass, I felt it. Yep...there it was. The feeling that the ground beneath you just disappeared. My feet started to go up and the rest of me started to go down. I decided to just "give in" to it and not fight the fall...so I held my breath and waited for impact.

I fell...and I fell HARD!

Right.on.my.butt!

And honestly, I think I may have even bounced a little. And I was thankful for the extra "padding" on my behind.

But, I got up, regained my balance...and fell down again.

Yep...it was time to head into the house...but I'll try again tomorrow!

Peace and blessings to your day!
Jeanine

1 comment:

Genny said...

Good for you for getting the roller blades, but I'm sorry you fell. Hope you are okay!

Thank you for your beautiful comment at my blog about the Relay for Life. I loved how you explained why it is an overnight event.

Hugs to you!
Genny