Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

FINALLY!

After several months of waiting and waiting and waiting, the kids got their wish.

Today is a snow day!

We have had one of the snowy-est winters on record this year.

It started early...way too early.

And it's sticking around...way too long.

But through it all...no snow day.

Yesterday it rained all day. There was thunder. Could it be signs of spring?

Overnight the winter fairies came once again and covered us in a blanket of snow.

At 5:45 this morning, the phone rang.

Recorded message from the school superintendent.

"There will be no school today."

I quickly and quietly entered the kids' bedrooms to turn off their alarms.

Parker woke up and asked what was going on.

I told him it was a snow day to which he responded, "So we can sleep in?"

Faith didn't hear me enter her room.

But by 7:00 AM, they were up.

They "slept in" a whole fifteen minutes later than usual.

Maybe this is what winter has been waiting for...for Delano to have a snow day.

Now that we finally got one...during the week before spring break...maybe now winter will say,

"It happened...I finally got Delano their snow day. Now I can step aside, for my work here is done. Spring...you may make yourself known!"

Peace and blessings to your day!
Jeanine

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you finally got a snow day. And I hope your theory is right and that winter can be over now. We're dealing with rain here and my husband has to go pump out water from the basement of our rental house. Not fun! All I want is sun!! Enjoy your day off. :)

Loren said...

Sooo glad you finally got a snow day!!

We had an article in our local newspaper stating that we have had sooo many snow days in the past 5 years that they are going to add more into our calendar as to not have to make so many up and go to school until June. LOL

Crazy huh! Hope you had a fun day and I am with you....
COME ON SPRING :)