Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Monday, March 7, 2011

FUSS-LESS AND FRILL-LESS

I'm creating new words for the dictionary.

"Fuss-less" and "Frill-less."

I have a dear friend who created the word, "ridiculousness" so I thought, "Why not? I'm gonna use "fuss-less" and "frill-less"!

Those words describe my children. It was another relaxing Saturday morning at our house and my children were content to just "be." They love, Love, LOVE being home. As we all fell comfortably into a quiet morning I was thankful that my children don't need to be kept busy with "stuff". They don't need to be scheduled all the time. In fact, they very much dislike being scheduled all the time. They have their activities that they enjoy but those are kept to a maintainable level.

Neither Parker nor Faith require a lot of fuss or frills. Hence, "fuss-less" and "frill-less" being added to my dictionary. The fuss and frills they enjoy the most are less about what's on the calendar and more about comfort and peace. The snuggles, the one-on-one times, the weekend camp outs in our bedroom, the quiet times spent hanging out at home or with family and friends, the day-to-day of our family. It's quite simple actually...

peaceFULLYsimple, in fact.

Peace and blessings to your day.
Jeanine

2 comments:

Loren said...

I LOVE these new additions to the dictionary :) I would have to agree with them and say we are this way as well! Some of my friends tell me how they do not understand how we "stay home" like we do. I on the other hand don't understand how they go go go! LOL

To each is own I guess right? But for the McGhees ....
we agree with the Johnson 4 ....for we too are

"Fuss-less" and "Fill-less" :)

Have a blessed week and YES! I did miss you blogging!!

cybil said...

I think that's great! And we do enjoy just hanging around too :-)))