Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Friday, March 18, 2011

PHONES IN CHURCH

My cousin emailed me this story this morning. Since I've had a little bit of "blogger's block" lately, I thought I'd post it because I thought it was cute...so PLEASE...take no offense to it!

***************************************************************
PHONES IN CHURCH

A man in Topeka , Kansas decided to write a book about churches around the country. He started by flying to San Francisco and started working east from there. Going to a very large church, he began taking photographs and making notes. He spotted a golden telephone on the vestibule wall and was intrigued with a sign, which read "Calls: $10,000 a minute."

Seeking out the pastor he asked about the phone and the sign. The pastor answered that this golden phone is, in fact, a direct line to heaven and if he pays the price he can talk directly to GOD. The man thanked the pastor and continued on his way.

As he continued to visit churches in Seattle , Phoenix , Salt Lake City ,Denver , Oklahoma City, and around the United States, he found more phones, with the same sign, and the same answer from each pastor.

Finally, he arrived in Minnesota, upon entering a church he saw the usual golden telephone. But THIS time, the sign read "Calls: 35 cents." He went to several local churches in the area and found the same reults.

Fascinated, he asked to talk to the pastor at the next church, "Reverend, I have been in cities and towns all across the country and in each church I have found this golden telephone and have been told it is a direct line to Heaven and that I could talk to GOD, but in the other churches the cost was $10,000 a minute. Your sign reads only 35 cents a call. Why?"
The pastor, smiling benignly, replied, "Son, you're in Minnesota now...you're in God's Country! It's a local call."

American by Birth...a Minnesotan by the Grace of God.

***************************************************************

Peace and blessings to your day!
Jeanine

1 comment:

Loren said...

LOL~ that is too funny!!!!

I meant to email you back ~ sorry I let time get away from me. I was going to tell you that your growing your hair out right now is the ABSOLUTE BEST TIME to do so because in the spring your hair and nails grow quicker.... it slows down starting in the fall/winter.
Soooo ~ let the growing out process begin!! I know coming to OK is out of the question darnit....oh well! Use some cute clips and whenever you sit in that chair to have a cut MAKE SURE you tell them to only trim it and that you are GROWING IT OUT! :)

Have a blessed weekend