Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Thursday, February 21, 2008

AN APPLE A DAY...

Apparently we at the Johnson house need to start eating more apples...you know...to keep the doctor away.  WOW!  In a nutshell here's what transpired over the last couple of weeks:
  • Last week Parker was home from school Monday and Tuesday.  Sore throat.  Scott and I thought it was probably due to the fact that Parker had a tough week at school the week before.  Parker is our emotional child and a lot of things came to the surface...three boys teasing him at school, hating gym class...just overall frustration.  So...a couple "mental days" might not hurt for him to just get himself centered again.
  • Wednesday I started coming down with a cold and by Thursday night I felt horrible. Ached everywhere.  Faith was crying because of a headache and running a little fever.
  • Friday, Faith and I both woke up with sore throats and Faith was still fighting a headache in addition to a tummy ache.  Called pediatrician.
  • Great pediatrician.  He even treats mommies.  Faith and I both had strep.  Amoxicillan was prescribed for both of us and we headed straight home and went to bed.
  • We both felt better by the weekend but slept when we had the chance.
  • No school Monday so the kids and I went to an indoor playground (or germ-infested playground...not sure what I was thinking) for the afternoon.
  • Wednesday morning Parker comes into our bedroom complaining again of a sore throat. Okay...this time we're going to the pediatrician and have you guessed yet?  Yep...he has strep.  More Amoxicillan and absolutely no school on Thursday and play Friday by ear. I'm getting to know the Target pharmacists fairly well.
  • Today:  I've been suffering from pain in my left foot.  Finally went to the doctor this morning. Possible stress fracture which, from the x-rays, looks like it might be in the process of healing.  However, so as not to continue to cause further stress to the bone...I came home wearing one of those funny little open-toed boots so as not to bend my toes when I walk. Two to three weeks.  Fun.
Now, this is really going to sound sad...but I wish the dogs would get something so they will stop rough-housing and pestering the crap out of me!  Nothing serious...just something to rob them of energy for at least a couple of days!  I'm thinking a couple of Tylenol-PMs for them first thing in the morning and again at night might do the trick...at least until the rest of us get a spark back in us again!

However, right now as I type, my kids are playing a video game together...actually playing together and not arguing.  I'm enjoying some time doing what I love...writing...and letting the thoughts flow from my fingers onto the keyboard.  It's a beautiful, sun-shining day outside, albeit very, very cold...but sunshine none-the-less.  I'm enjoying thoughts of a friend who is far away and who I miss terribly.  Knowing, though, that she is on an adventure of a lifetime and will be returning back home makes me happy for her and that makes me smile.  I'm enjoying the fact that my kids are home...even though sick...for me to enjoy and treasure.  Their illnesses right now are things that pretty much all kids go through at some point...and this is nothing compared to the cancer that their little bodies have fought in the past.

I look at the past week...exhausting as it may seem...and think, "This I can handle.  This is nothing."

2 comments:

kim said...

Were you thinking of me or your other much less adorable friend living far from home on an adventure? Hee Hee.
Glad to know that everyone's on the mend at your house. What a week? Enjoy your sunshine...I'm enjoying our nearly 55 degree day and partly sunny skies (oh, should I not tell you how warm we are and that the bulbs are coming up in my driveway?) I'd take cold though to be back in Minnesota, but since I'm here, I'll enjoy the early spring weather.
Get well, Johnson family!

Jeanine said...

Nope...was thinking of my other very dear friend who has moved far away and who I miss terribly! OF COURSE IT WAS YOU, SILLY!
Okay...so you have warm and we have sun. Too bad we can't combine them.
Enjoy your bulbs. I do, however, see some grass peeking through!