Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Saturday, February 23, 2008

THINGS I LOVE...

Have been reflecting on a few things today that I really love...
  • God...it all "is" because of Him.
  • My husband...I saw him at his best last night...his naturally funny, uninhibited self, holding nothing back and dancing, joking and just being "Scott"
  • My kids...each amazing individuals, unique in their own way.  Because of them, life is never boring and THEY teach ME on a daily basis.
  • My family...my parents, my brothers, their spouses, my nieces, my future nephew-in-law, Scott's parents, my brother-in-law.  They are the circle that surrounds Scott, the kids and me on this journey called life.
  • Friends...lots of friends.  Some near, some far...alway close at heart.
  • Home...I love our home.  God gave us a house and helped us make it a home.  Parker and Faith love it here.  Our bedroom is their favorite place to hang out.  Bed parties...that's what Parker calls our family snuggles in the mornings.  The Saturday morning ones are the best!  Our home is the place we all come to get centered again...the place we find comfort, security and unconditional love.
  • Our four-legged family members...Player and Max.  Again...two very different beings...but both loved and adored members of our family.  Player is the snuggler.  He likes to be held and follows the rules.  Max is a big baby...and I do mean big.  He snuggles only briefly...just to get a good snuggle-fix, is terribly jealous when  Scott hugs me and tends to ignore the rules and follow his own "free-spirit."
  • Being "Unemployed"...I love my job as wife and mom.
  • Writing...my dream is to someday write a book.  Don't ask me what the topic will be...God will provide that when the time is right.
  • Freedom...on a daily basis people are fighting and dying to defend my rights as an American citizen.  I cannot begin to imagine those living where freedom is not an option, where life is threatened on a daily basis.
  • Bare Minerals...my makeup.  Finally, I found something that doesn't wear off and stays put throughout the day without feeling like I've baked a cake on my face.  It's fabulous!
  • Chocolate Chip Cookies...ahhhh...a weakness.  Just took some out of the oven and I need to force myself to not keep going back to the kitchen for another...especially when they are still warm and gooey.
  • Target...go in for a few things and leave with a carload full of impulse purchases.
  • Blogging...it's really fun.  Try it if you haven't.  Thanks, Kim, for encouraging me to try something new!
Obviously my list could go on and on.  Hope you have a list of things you love, too!  Right now I need to get going...I'm off to Target...you know...just for a couple of things...

1 comment:

kim said...

Target...oh, I have Target envy. I think I'm a little green in the face just thinking of it. Did I tell you I actually had a dream that I was shopping at Target? Crazy, isn't it. Go there and think of me.