On Tuesday my dad had hernia surgery and he's doing well, however he's terribly sore and it's difficult for him to get out of a chair or bed. His doctor has instructed him to do nothing strenuous for six weeks. You must know my dad to understand that this is a challenge...even at his 82 years of age! However, he has finally learned to "follow the rules" and has told my mom he'll behave. Sometimes he vacuums for her on Friday mornings while she is at the hairdresser. He promised he wouldn't. He looks good, although tired and he's been taking quite a few extra naps.
Okay...now for something just really crazy. We've decided to go to San Diego over spring break. So, I went online to book the flights, hotel and attraction tickets. All went well until it was time to confirm the reservations. It wouldn't accept the flight info and I did not receive confirmation numbers. So, I had to keep trying. HA! I made Scott sit with me last night to give it another try. He decided to check our credit card to make sure nothing was going through without us realizing it. Well...what do you know? All sorts of pending charges for a few thousand dollars each for the hotel and attraction tickets, but not for flights. Uh...oh! So, I picked up the phone and called the reservations number and talked to a very nice man named, Michael, who confirmed my "Uh...oh!" and helped us to release the pending charges and get our reservations taken care of. So...after much frustration, stress and banging my head against the desk...we're set to go to San Diego for a week! Yipee!!!!!!!!!!! The kids are so excited! Faith has new swim suits that she is very excited to show off and even more excited to wear. I on the other hand, prefer not to discuss the whole swim suit wearing ordeal. I'll be happy to be wearing capris and a tank top! I LOVE San Diego!
1 comment:
I am glad your dad is doing well. That is remarkable at his age. Praise God!
My kids were sick too this week, one with strep and the other with vomit flu stuff. They are doing better and back at school now.
One more thing, we will be in San Diego spring break too. April 9 and 10 actually, Wild animal park first and Sea world the next day. When is your spring break? Wouldn't that be crazy if it were the same time??? Let me know.
Have a great rest of the week!
Post a Comment