Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Saturday, February 2, 2008

WOW! WHAT A FEELING!

My husband and I decided earlier this week that we were going to clean out our office today. Parker had a birthday party to go to so that just meant we needed to settle Faith in with an activity and get to work.  Scott originally suggested keeping Faith out of the way with a little duct tape, but I quickly squelched that idea...to which he responded, "I was ONLY kidding!" Anyway, we had 3 1/2 hours to complete our task.  Not nearly enough time, I thought, but we'll get a good start.  Fortunately we were not doing too much rearranging of furniture so we were able to set Faith up on the computer at PBS.org and get to work.  Although I wanted to completely rearrange...you know...a fresh new look in the office...it just isn't an easy room to arrange in the first place, much less rearrange.  So, we "tweaked" a couple of things to make the space more efficient and then set out to clean house...I mean "office."  We went through every drawer, cabinet and the closet.  Sadly, Scott's "stuff" needed waaaaay less cleaning out than my "stuff."  I tend to make little piles here and there...you know...for later.  Little notes to "check out this Website", or "call this person", or "schedule this."  Scott does not make little piles.  He remembers instead of making notes on tiny pieces of paper.  Drives me crazy that he can do that and not forget.  Or...if it's in his way, he throws it away.  Everything in it's place for Scott. You should see his side of the closet.  Everything neat and tidy with clothes arranged in order of style...long sleeve button down collar shirts hang together, jeans together, Dockers together, polos, plain T-shirts, Henley's, etc., all grouped together accordingly.  Then there's my side...the stuff is just happy to be on a hanger!  Anyway...I'm getting off the subject.  Back to the office. After a lot of, "what is this for?" and "is this yours or mine?" or "is this REALLY necessary?" we managed to do it!  We cleaned the office and it looks AWESOME!  AND...it only took about three hours!  Once again, I was wrong..."Oh ye of little faith!"  I'm ready to move on to another room but now Scott and I have a birthday party to go to after we pick Parker up from his party. Maybe we'll pick out another room to organize tomorrow.  For now...I'm lovin' my tidy little office...I mean OUR tidy little office.

1 comment:

kim said...

Way to go! I love clean & organized spaces...although you wouldn't know it by looking in my closets :)
I'm a note person too. I can't stand people who remember eveything. If I don't write it down and put it where I can see it...it's gone!