Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.
Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.
"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~
"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~
Friday, February 1, 2008
DOING DISHES
My dishwasher is broken. We either need to get this one fixed or get a new one...which is probably the best thing to do. It came with the house and even though the house was brand new when we bought it, they skimped on the dishwasher. I very much dislike doing dishes. If I kept up with them, I'd be doing them all day...sort of like laundry...it's seems to be never-ending. So, I let them stack up and try to do them at the end of the day. Scott helped me...once...about a week ago...I washed...he dried. That was nice. Made it go much quicker. However, still not liking the "doing dishes" thing. I've been trying to think of a way to convince myself that it's not so bad. My mother enjoys doing dishes...but then she enjoys doing her ironing, too. I'm not my mother. I did a search on Bible.com on dishes and nothing really came up pertaining to my struggle with this particular task. Guess I need to figure this out for myself. So, I started thinking...do I really not like doing dishes or is my mind convinced I don't like doing dishes? Hmmmm. Let's go with that thought for a moment. What is really so bad about it washing dishes...other than the gunk on some of the pans? My hands get a nice soak in warm, bubbly water. The sound of running water is very soothing and relaxing. I can stand at almost the center of our home and see all that is happening around me. Each dish gets a nice washing and nothing remains stuck on, like can sometimes happen in the dishwasher. The more I think of it, the more I'm like a dirty dish. By the end of the day my soul is in need of a good cleaning. The events of the day...shows on TV, things I've thought or said, things I've done or haven't done...things that are not pleasing to God...have soiled me. But does God stick me in a machine and wash me along with the rest of the soiled souls of the world? No. He takes me into His hands, soaks me is His pure and perfectly warm bubbly water and cleanses my soul with His unconditional love for me. He doesn't fuss because His dishwasher is broken and He can't just cleanse us all at one time and be done with it. Nope. God's not like that. He's happy to cleanse each of us individually. One at a time. Time spent one-on-one with each of His children. Sort of like the time we spend with our little ones giving them a tubbie at the end of the day, but instead of cleansing the outer soil, He cleanses the inner soil. He leaves not a speck of gunk on us...and oh how He makes our souls sparkle! I better go...I need to get the dishes done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment