Now on to the second word in today's blog title. Daddy. Not Parker and Faith's daddy. My
Daddy...Dad. I'm 42...but periodically, "Daddy" slips out instead of "Dad." Anyway, he's having another hernia surgery again today (Monday). He had one six weeks ago and last week discovered he has another hernia that needs to be operated on. He went in at 7:30 this morning for a 9 AM surgery. It's now 10:40 AM and hopefully my mom will call before Noon to let me know how everything went. He will have to lay low again for another six weeks...which many of you know is a challenge for my dad...even at the age of 82! I know he is in good hands and that God will guide the doctors, nurses and staff at the hospital to take very good care of him
Now, the final word of my blog entry. Eyes. It's time once again for Faith to have another eye exam under anesthesia at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester. She and I will leave on Thursday morning for her pre-operative physical with her oncologist on Thursday afternoon. On Friday she will have her exam. It seems like she was just there...which was January, so really not that long ago. She already knows she has to go and asked first thing this morning if she had to go to the doctor today and get eye drops. It breaks my heart but it's something she HAS to have done to make sure she doesn't have new tumors...and if she does, that they get treated as quickly as possible. She asked me yesterday why she has to go. I told her it's so we can make sure her eyes stay healthy and that she is able to see for a very, very long time. She said, "But I can already see, Mama!" Yes she can...and we want to keep it that way! She's such a brave little thing and I'm so proud to be her mom! Fortunately, she and I will have time Thursday afternoon for some uninterrupted "girl time" and then swim in the hotel pool Thursday evening. Unfortunately, Scott will not be joining us this time...it's the first time EVER that he will miss an eye exam for either Parker or Faith. But Parker has an activity Thursday night that he doesn't want to miss and to try and have someone else take him would be a lot to ask. My parents usually take care of Parker during our trips to Rochester with Faith, but obviously due to my Dad's surgery today, that will certainly not be an option.
So, this week I ask for prayers. Prayers for my Dad. Prayers for Faith. Prayers for healing. Prayers for doctors, nurses and hospital staff. Prayers for calm in the midst of anxiety. Prayers for patience. Prayers for a cloudy day on Friday so it's not so hard on Faith's little eyes on the drive home from Rochester (seriously...I'm not trying to be funny on that one...really sunny days are difficult for her when her eyes have been so dilated, poked and prodded). Prayers for peace and serenity within our household and family.
I hope you are having a good start to the week. Some of you are far, far away (too far), on vacation, sitting at home on bed rest, or just enjoying the regular day-to-days of life. Wherever you are in life right now, I pray that you are good, safe, happy and content.
Peace.
Jeanine
1 comment:
strep again!!!! Oh, I feel for you. Strep is awful!
Will continue to pray for your "daddy". Can't imagine keeping him down for another 6 weeks! He's getting ansy, I'm betting?
And we will be praying for Faith! And for your entire family. For strength, for courage, for miracles.
Post a Comment