Okay...so here's what happened:
Dentist appointment at 10 AM this morning. Must be new person at the front desk or, if she's not new, she is someone who does not typically work on the days I have an appointment...and I've been going to this dentist for years. Anyway, Faith and I walk in and the receptionist smiles and says "hello." I greet her back and say, "Jeanine Johnson for a 10 AM appointment." As Faith walks immediately to find a toy to play with the receptionist smiles at Faith and says, "Oh...your grand-daughter is SO cute!"
Say WHAT?! Are you KIDDING me?
Now mind you...this was not some teeny-bopper receptionist who thinks anyone over the age of 25 is ancient. I'm guessing this woman was somewhere in her late forties, early fifties, but for sure she had nothing to do with the 30s any more. My expression must have been one of complete and utter shock because she quickly started to back-peddle when I said as nicely as I could possibly fathom, albeit fairly slowly so she could understand, "Ah...noooooo...she's...my...daughter."
Here's my take on the whole thing: I want the old receptionist back. The one I've known forever...and whose daughter I graduated with so she knows EXACTLY how old I am! This new person...whoever she is...needs to go.
And with that, I'm signing off.
Peace.
J
1 comment:
Certainly she must have meant grand in the sense that Faith is grand...not that she is your granddaughter, but rather a grand daughter. You know like a super, wonderful, cannot be compared to - "grand" daughter! Certainly! Otherwise, don't go back until she's gone. :)
Post a Comment